So you see you were once lost in the world and then came into Christ to know God and to live a way of righteousness, self- development, blessings and all that He has for you. But it hasn’t always been that way because of how we used to be but thank God we are here today having turned from those ways and living a life in Christ. This brings us to Romans 8:28 which is the main reason for this post.
I pray that this two-part series has blessed you so far and will continue to bless and encourage you through.
Ask yourself these questions, reflecting on this year 2015 –
- HOW DID YOU FIND THIS YEAR?
- WHAT DID YOU LEARN FROM THIS YEAR?
- HOW DID YOU HANDLE SETBACKS?
- DID YOU PRAY A LOT FOR OTHERS AS WELL AS YOURSELF?
- WHEN YOU DIDN’T SEE THINGS YOU PLANNED TAKE PLACE HOW DID YOU REACT? DID YOU TURN ON GOD?
- HAVE YOU SEEN SELF-GROWTH?
- DO YOU HAVE YOUR VISION WRITTEN DOWN PLAINLY AND PRAYING OVER IT?
- HAVE YOU HELPED AND ENCOURAGED OTHERS?
- HAVE YOU LET GO OF WHAT GOD ASKED YOU TO LET GO OFF?
- MOVING FORWARD, HAVE YOU NOTED CHANGES YOU WILL MAKE?
Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
- ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD – That is to say, all the plans you may have made which didn’t work out, the places you planned to go to, not getting that promotion, that relationship ending, you losing your job, issues with people/family/ colleagues. Even with this, all things will work out together for good and not bad. Despite the fact that things happened the way they did this year doesn’t mean that its the end of life, or that God has written you off, or that you will not receive your blessings. But that change is coming, your breakthrough is sure and delay certainly is not denial.
- Yes, not all things that happen will feel nice, but the end result will be in our favour. What the enemy planned for bad in your life God will turn around for your good. All this comes together as part of your walk in Christ and walking in purpose. Not every day may have been a good day but in every day there is something to learn from and encourage others with too. You are a walking testimony and your story needs to be heard by others, those you are called to impact.
- TO THEM THAT LOVE GOD – Notice that it says to them that LOVE GOD, not everyone sadly to say loves God, many are against Him, many want to live their ways above His, and so anything to do with Him they run away from. These same people will be quick to question why bad things happen, well you have a free choice and cannot blame God for what happens as you are accountable for choosing the wrong path, see it as being a play toy on a board game satan constantly wins on and each time you lose.
This promise is not for everyone, but for those who love and seek God daily and are filled with the Holy Spirit. God does not bless sin, He does not bless mess and so when they think it’s God blessing them, it’s in actual fact satan producing counterfeit blessings, to keep those people in bondage and blinded from the truth. That way they will miss their way and focus on fleshly desires.
When you love God, you will learn to trust in Him and not the worldly gains, you are secure and assured in Him, and when you truly know Him and have that one to one intimate relationship with Him, you will not waver in faith but stand firm on the word and His promises.
- CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE – His purpose for your life, and not your assumed purpose of why you think He created you. His purpose concerning each of you will come to pass, that is sure but you need to know Him to receive the revelation of what to do. You can’t run on your own might, it is impossible you will get tired, frustrated, drained and discouraged. So know HIS PURPOSE concerning you and pray on how to go about doing things.
Spirit of complaining – Complaining- dissatisfaction, annoyance, lacking something, groaning, headaches, stress.
Complaining is never nice and doing that doesn’t change what has happened but rather keeps you down and defeated towards what you were complaining for in the first place. Complaining causes stress, and the ability to continually want to get what you should have got initially. But you see if God wanted you to have it He would have given it to you and the fact that you didn’t get it means it wasn’t for you or the timing wasn’t right. So the next time you feel a complaining spirit coming on encourage yourself with the word and pray knowing that God hasn’t forgotten about you and you will receive what He has for you.
This year myself included I’m sure some of you may have complained about the turnout of things and expecting what didn’t happen, but we need to learn that when something doesn’t happen it doesn’t mean the end of life. Simply place your hand over your chest, notice the heartbeat, give a prayer of thanksgiving and remain faithful. Delay is not denial and God knows what is best for us and no one else.
Just be careful to not go to other extremes to get it, because the path to greatness doesn’t involve quick fixes to get the blessings. You cannot afford to act the same way you did in the world, with the same mind-set because it’ll limit your growth. Realise that self-inflicted pain occurs when you decide to follow your own path in life, to get what you think you need by doing what will be the quick fix to an avenue full of problems. God will be looking at you saying if only you had waited for what I was going to do for you. DON’T DOUBT IN GOD’S TIMING AND WHAT HE CAN DO FOR YOU. HE IS THE ALPHA AND OMEGA, OUR JEHOVAH JIREH – OUR PROVIDER, OUR FATHER, OUR COMFORT and has an expected end for us.
Be obedient in all that you do and He will bless you, obedience unlocks the door to your blessings.
Hebrews 11:1” Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” NATURAL VS SUPERNATURAL
Don’t look at what has come and gone, don’t look for approval in others, don’t focus on the natural because the natural will deceive you, lead you astray and cause a delay in blessings. God is not in the natural, He is in the supernatural and doesn’t operate in flesh, so to connect with Him your spiritual eyes must be open and your spirit and mind renewed daily. To acknowledge the fact that although you can’t see it now, doesn’t mean it will not happen at all. Keep the faith, be bold and know that He is God- sovereign in all things.
SOME IMPORTANT POINTERS TO DO BEFORE 2015 ENDS-
Before the new year arrives if you haven’t done so already:
- Write what you are thankful for
- Write down the vision and wants and make it plain
- Pray over your mindset- learn to trust and refocus on God, hold onto your faith and trust in Him
- Encourage yourself that things will surely change
SOME ENCOURAGING POINTERS-
Proverbs 1:33 “But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.”
- DON’T WORRY OR LOSE SLEEP OVER THE FOLLOWING: loved ones, economy, finances, employment etc – Know that it is all under control, trust God. Easier said than done, so pray and He will help you.
- Don’t be anxious with many “what ifs” and “whys.”
- Cancel the spirit of fear- (2 Timothy 1:7) We can’t let fear run our lives. Fear was never meant to control or consume us. Don’t let circumstances cause you to fear. But rather pray to God and place your cares upon Him.
- My own wisdom is limited, its subjective and faulty, but trusting in God and His direction will bring peace, love, assurance, wisdom, growth and elevation. His wisdom is perfect. And when you feel you lack wisdom ask Him and He shall answer and bless you with wisdom. (James 1:5).
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE/ DAY IN ADVANCE