YOUR CHARACTER – PART TWO
1 John 4:8 – He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. All this ties in again with love, you cant say you are a Christian but do not love, God is love and if you do not show love you are not a reflection of Him. GOD IS LOVE, NOT LOVE IS GOD. How love is seen and experienced in the world is not how love is experienced and seen in the kingdom there ought to be changes from the old to the new mind-set. Real love is not selfishness, mistreating others, love is SELFLESS. The real love we know is in the kingdom which surpasses the definition of worldly love. It is HOLY, PURE, JUST AND PERFECT, so when you really know who God is you will learn to love like He does.
Character is not selfishness, rudeness, two faced, weak, bitter, seeing yourself above others as if you’re perfect. DIE TO SELF and let the holy spirit fill you up to walk in accordance with what the word says and not what self says, self will lead you to destruction, delays, confusion and uncertainty. Do not rely on your own understanding: Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
God knows what is best for us, He is a better judge of character and knows all our needs, learn to fully trust in Him when it concerns every part of our being, our character, decisions, troubles, for clarity, wisdom, confidence, boldness etc. The last thing you should do is put up a self-centred character way of living to limit God and put Him after your decisions. He alone deserves the highest place in our lives and should not come second to anything or anyone regardless of how tough the situation or character change is, we ought to bring our decisions to God always willing to listen and be ready for improvement.
Sacrifice = Willing and obedient service to get the word out there, extend more love to His kingdom and to increase the gospel sharing..
Because the more you allow God to put you through the more He increases our ability to be presented to others, because the bigger the test the bigger the blessing.
Suffering = greatly anointed, you will be rejected isolated, mocked and made to feel low but each time such happens it’s another chance for God to equip you and build you up.
Patience = Romans 5:3-5 “And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.”
I highlighted patience especially because that is an area that many of us struggle with, it is important for us to realise that in order to endure is to be patient as we go through the process to the next level. We always have to be prepared to receive but not at our times but when the time is right in God’s eyes to bless us.
There will be difficulties that will help in our growth and even though we do not like pain are to see it as building our character. All this is what will help in working on our patience as we turn to God and seek Him more to help us, with that requires a deeper, trust and understanding in God because our patience will always be tested but it is how you handle it that is your test.
When God has called you, with that comes tests, change, growth, and wisdom to endure and handle what comes your way. Many times those who aren’t built up to be encouraged are the ones who are the most confused and lost, they let what people say about them define their character, they open themselves up but not to receive the Holy Spirit but the different things people say about them and they act on it not realising how damaging it is to the soul. When you lose that way of living you will earn something greater in Christ, it opens you up to be filled with truth and not lies.
As you are entering into the new seasons remember that to enter into one you will be tested and that can either increase or limit your growth. Some are going round in circles and so lost they do not even realise it. Are you in purpose?? And who are you taking instruction from?? Our lives have better purpose than staying in our comfort zones, so do not get comfortable.
Invite God in to help you, you can only do so much for yourself before you let God. Confess healing, pray over your wounded souls and let God take over. He has the power to heal and is perfect in all His works in us, our inner deep souls is where we make our decisions so it is important to know the word and invite God in for the renewal of your soul, learn to have your spirit decluttered to be connected to God at all times. What is sad is that when people pass through experiences they let it control their thoughts and actions they become cold hearted, push God and people away, refuse correction, are bitter, hold grudges and walking around in pain inflicting it on others, because to them if they are hurt everyone should also feel their pain too.
Psalm 139:14 “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”
We are unique, and the CHARACTER of God is in us all, so how we see ourselves is very important despite the challenges, people pushing you etc that sense of feeling useless, not good enough and weak should be broken and overtaken by His thoughts for us, we should love and respect ourselves how He does and as we do that we are expectant to receive change, softened hearts and sensitive spirits.
Food for thought:
- Learn to ask God about yourselves
- Ask God to show us how we really see ourselves
- Remember our mind-sets are important don’t look to achieve what the world has but learn to be in the spiritual at all times.
- What do we need to cast down?
- Spiritual understanding and our mind-sets – the word is our mirror of understanding.
- Break bad habits and thoughts process to break and mould us – where is our soul aligned? With God or with people?
- Colossians 3:12-15 Character of the New Man. “Therefore, as theelect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.”
FINAL FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
- Your character from a few years back is not how you are now
- Your character is what aligns you with the word of God for growth
- You cannot sort all your issues out alone
- Do not be self- absorbed, as you help others God will help you and build you up
- Do not look at yourself how you once were, renewal of the mind and intimacy with God will help your character
- Be careful to not be the one sitting on your progress and growth
- We are all a work in progress to build and help each other.
- Do not refuse correction and alone time with God
- You cannot run away from tests they are not a punishment- It is for our character to be refined, you will not always understand things and you are not perfect but still learning.
- Remain humble and diligent in all your ways.
- Faith, prayer, wisdom and patience is required
- Do not be in denial about your problems take them up in prayers.
- Despite the age, God can use anyone to bless you and help you
- God is limitless do not fit Him inside your comfort zone refusing change
- Pray over everything that happens
- IN TESTS WE CANT FAST TRACK IT, BUT NEED TO ENDURE WHAT HE WANTS US TO PASS THROUGH TO ELEVATE.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL